The quest for happiness is universal. In this comprehensive guide to the history, art, science, psychology and attainment of happiness you will find the answers to those searching questions and discover how to live a fuller, happier life. After all, humans devote their entire lives to striving for happiness by one means or another. And yet, happiness does not just happen. It is a skill as much as a state. It takes effort, practice even.
The Happiness Bible works with the reader to explain how happiness works and evolves, where it comes from, and how it can be nurtured and maintained in order to flourish. The book introduces the principles of positive psychology, the science of happiness, and how it works to achieve happiness. It examines what happiness studies have revealed and how positive psychology exercises help to banish the "thieves of happiness". It also explores why acceptance of unhappiness is also important in our quest for joy. Tips on being kinder, getting out in nature, nurturing supportive relationships, talking back to mind chatter, cultivating gratitude, finding and savouring the good, using strengths, creating meaning and developing accurate, flexible, optimistic thinking are also included. The book is filled useful quotations that do more than just inspire but also share wisdom worthy of reflection.
1. A History of Happiness - Why It Matters
2. The Paradox of Positivity
3. Global Glee
4. Positive Psychology - The Science of Flourishing
5. Thieves of Happiness and Barriers to Wellbeing
6. Mind-Mastery - Breaking Down The Barriers to Wellbeing
7. Other People Matter - Connection, Community and Communication
8. Happy Thinking - Finding the Good and Surviving Well
9. Goals and Growth
10. Nourished by Nature
11. Find Your Forte and Go with The Flow
12. Meaning and Purpose - What Matters Most and Why
13. Finding Space and Calm in The Now
14. Vitality is Vital to Living Well
15. A Happy Life is a Compassionate, Curious and Considered Life.